Updated on May 7, 2017
Project MARE 2017
- Indra from Latvia
- Henrik from Luxembourg
- Olga & Filipe from Portugal
- Méli-Shèryam from Reunion Island
- Anis from Tunisia
- 11th: the first excursion in the park, a visit to Tordigliano beach in the southeastern most reaches of the protected area.
- 16th: First orientation on the peninsula with the starting point in Massa. Two groups made their way through different paths towards Torca.
- 22nd: Mountaintop trekking from Arola to the top of Vico Albano with a view of all of Sorrento. It also included the collecting of rubbish in vicinity of the track.
- 31st: Walk to Punta Campanella, with history, geology and science of the place included.
- 20th: The second orientation, to San Costanzo chapel in the vicinity of Termini.
- 21st: A second visit to Tordigliano, this time guided by Indra and Henrik with a focus on history, geography and plants.
Marine Adventures Activities
- 10th: First Turtle release of the season outside Ieranto Bay with Henrik and Indra.
- 17th: First Kayaking tour of the park, Marina della Lobra to Puolo beach complex.
- 24th: First beach cleaning event at marina di Crappola.
- 10th: Snorkling in Ieranto bay, with the aim to view and identify species present within the bay.
- 20th: Help MAREA outdoors deposit kayaks in storage from marina di Cantone.
- 23rd-25th: Kayaking from della Lobra to Meta, followed by a MAREA open day in conjunction with the spreading information about project MARE.
- 26th: Sediment species analysis of marina della Lobra.
- 29th: Posedonia and Algae lectures, followed by snorkling and sample gathering, including analysis of the samples.
- 20th: Start of Italian Lessons at Sant’Anna Institute in Sorrento.
- 5th: Presentation of the volunteers at the office with students from the nautical school and office staff. Cultural event with traditional food and drink.
- 14th: End of Italian Lessons and certification at the Sant’Anna Institute. Thank you very much to the professors who have contributed to our learning.
- 28th: Pizza making night in Sant’Agnello with those involved in the project.